[Sanctions-Discuss] Afghanistan

Muhammad Aslam Popal aslam.popal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:29:13 PDT 2022

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 5:26 AM Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:

> > On Mar 29, 2022, at 12:16 PM, Niels ten Oever <mail at nielstenoever.net>
> wrote:
> > Hmmmm, not so sure. Depends on your definition of propaganda I think.
> VoAs programming in the Horn of Africa has been very well respected.
> > Furthermore, I also don't think this is an official sanction, but rather
> coercion by the Taliban of local radio stations (a very common practice).
> > Probably easier if we stick the Russia-Ukraine for the moment imho.
>
> Certainly easier.  I’d like to return to it later, though, as we have
> time.  The project is not legitimate if it structurally excludes anyone.

My personal view is that we need to come up with clear criterias as to
sanction any of the organizations or individuals which will help us in
deciding whether they are in compliance or not (not sure if that is legally
possible) . Though the focus could be broadened as there are other
governments that treat people in inhumane manner , the cause could be rogue
governments , factions , agencies  or directly tied to religious beliefs .

My suggestion is to focus toward the current one and we could do an
experimental implementation case with much ease .

Regards
-Aslam

            -Bill