[Sanctions-Research] Beacon resource accumulation complete.

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Apr 11 07:20:02 PDT 2022

I’m pleased to report that we now have each of the network resources which we determined were needed for the beacon:

Domain Beacon
As of March 27, 2022, we have two domain name beacons. They are:
sanctions-beacon.net
sanctions-beacon.com

IPv4 Beacon
As of April 11, 2022, we've received the two independent IPv4 /24 beacon subnets for which we performed an 8.4 inward transfer. They are:

	• SANCTIONS-BEACON-IPV4-A, 45.154.219.0/24
	• SANCTIONS-BEACON-IPV4-B, 185.203.207.0/24

IPv6 Beacon
As of April 7, 2022, we've received the two independent IPv6 /48 beacon subnets that we applied for. They are:

	• SANCTIONS-BEACON-IPV6-A, 2620:A9:2000::/48
	• SANCTIONS-BEACON-IPV6-B, 2620:A8:E000::/48

ASN Beacon
As of April 5, 2022, we've received both the 16-bit and 32-bit beacon ASNs we requested. They are:

	• 16-bit: 13400
	• 32-bit: 400603

I believe we need input now from the research community as to exactly how you’d like the strobe function of the beacon configured.  Please bear in mind that we’d like to serve web objects from the beacons, so that an end-user-visible web page can be loaded, showing the status of each beacon… If we strobe, we need the underlying web page to update on the same frequency, such that the expected state of each beacon is correct relative to the page.

                                -Bill