[Sanctions-Research] Beacon resource accumulation complete.

John Kristoff jtk at dataplane.org
Wed Apr 20 18:54:47 PDT 2022

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:03:05 +0900
Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:

> So I think each protocol needs to be independent of the others (i.e.
> no shared hosting) and the under-and-over-blocking need to be
> dependent on the normal version, for each protocol

OK Bill.  I think we're essentially on the same page.  We were trying
to provide you a framework from the perspective of the client side that
I think could accomplish detection of blocking on that basis with as
little operational burden on your part as possible.

Perhaps the one additional thing I'd add then is if a web page could
encode the client IP address, source port number, and a timestamp that
can be used by the client to validate what if anything might be between
it an the beacon server.

John