[Sanctions-Research] Beacon

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Mar 18 16:58:32 PDT 2022

Let’s get the discussion going here…

The first thing I want to put into the data feeds are three things:

 - An IPv4 address which will always be sanctioned.

 - An IPv6 address which will always be sanctioned.

 - A domain name which will always be sanctioned.

I propose the following:

 - 69.166.14.53

 - 2620:171:202:6be5::53

 - beacon.sanctions.net, which would resolve to:
    - 69.166.14.54
    - 2620:171:202:6be5::54

We would then put up something which would be pingable and could serve up a web object on all four addresses.

Then we can put up a web page which shows visually whether the person at the other end of the browser is getting the effect of the sanction for v4, v6, and DNS.

And it would all be testable via RIPE Atlas.

Thoughts?  What else might we want to set up prior to day one?

                                -Bill